0xleastwood | Security Researcher
contact me via twitter
I'm an independent security researcher focused primarily on EVM security. Most of my time is spent as a Lead Security Researcher at Spearbit, but I like to dabble in other smart contract stacks.
- Member of the Security Alliance (SEAL) initiative.
- Participated in the Paradigm fellowship.
- Competed in the Paradigm CTF under SpearbitVanguard and ranked #11 overall.
- Previously worked with Sigma Prime as a security engineer for 2 years.
- Interview with Andy Li.
- Uniswap: undisclosed audit.
- Alongside Finance: an index token implementation allowing users to passively invest in crypto.
- Maple Finance: a v2 token implementation which allows for governance to determine how new tokens will be issued over time.
- Badger DAO eBTC: a collateralized crypto asset soft pegged to the price of Bitcoin and backed by stETH.
- Barnbridge FIAT II: a novel credit market which modularises credit creation through marketplace interactions.
- Velodrome V2: an AMM on Optimism inspired by Solidly.
- Polygon zkEVM Bridge Smart Contracts: a scaling solution to Ethereum using zk to prove state transitions.
- Connext Network Amarok Upgrade: a crosschain liquidity network enabling fully non-custodial transfers between EVM compatible chains and L2 systems.
- Maple Finance V2: on-chain lending platform for traditional finance institutions. Allows for greater access to institutional lending where pool delegates act as fund managers by mititgating loan default risks.
- Maple Finance V2 Liquidity Migration: audit focused on migrating state from v1 to v2.
- Nomad Bridge Relaunch Recovery: details the fixes made following the bridge hack and additional changes to allow users to partially recover funds upon bridge relaunch.
- Pendle Finance V2: a permissionless yield-trading protocol where users can execute various yield-management strategies.
Cumulative winnings from contests: $129,584
Notional Finance V3: upgrade including variable rate lending and borrowing and leverage vaults supporting multiple borrow currencies. Competed as a team alongside xiaoming90.
Cumulative winnings from contests: $326,339
Total high severity findings: 70 (26 solo)
Total medium severity findings: 85 (45 solo)
- Enso Finance: social trading application.
- Notional Finance: collateralized lending platform which uses fCash to tokenise payments.
- Yield Finance: Convex integration for a collateralized lending platform which uses zero-coupon bonds.
- Concur Finance: automated rewards-sharing protocol for the Curve and Convex ecosystems.
- Foundation Marketplace: platform for traders to buy and sell NFTs. Supports auctions, buy price/offers and private sales.
- Mochi Finance: decentralized stablecoin backed by long-tail cryptoassets.
- SKALE Network: a multi-chain Ethereum-native bridge.
- PoolTogether V4: prize pool network.
- NFTX: a protocol for tokenising NFTs.
- Malt Finance: yield-farmable, incentive-centric algorithmic stablecoin.
- JPYC: Japanese yen stablecoin.
- Perennial: a cash-settled perpetual synthetics protocol.
- Sublime: protocol for building and accessing credit.
- FairSide: decentralized cost sharing network.
- InsureDAO: on-chain insurance protocol.
- Vader Protocol: self-serving liquidity protocol to support the creation of collateralized stablecoin.
- Bunker Finance: a Compound fork which allows users to collateralise ERC721, ERC1155 and CryptoPunk tokens.
- Joyn: allows creators to promote and launch NFT projects.
- Paladin: an ecosystem for governance protocols.
- Sushi Miso: platform for launching new projects on the Sushiswap exchange.